We believe the proven protective power of copper as harnessed and amplified with Barnacle Rid is a superior anti-foul solution to any other out there currently. In particular ? Anti-foul solutions that use ultrasonic emissions pose a number of risky complications to boat owners. These complications are simply eliminated when considering a Barnacle Rid solution. See the differences in the following analysis
|Works on all types of Hulls boats and marinas & any materials without expensive modification.Barnaclerid is also available in the permanent marina mounted system using shorepower,simply cruise in and out for imediate protection encompassing your entire marina pen
- Boat systems simply lower the electrodes into the water when moored ? stow them when you set sail
|Do not work on hulls with core or balsa sandwich layers without serious structual modifications best done in dry dock for safety reasons.
- Dangerous hull modifications must be done to attach ultrasonic transducers to hull in majority of boats.
|Completely safe for humans and marine life
- Can swim / fish / dangle feet in water right next to or under the boat when Barnacle Rid is activated
- Our product is green and compliant
- Protective field is contained to the boat hull and running gear ? no emissions go into the boat or water
- Marine micro-organisms are not harmed ? the protective field creates an atmosphere undesirable to barnacles etc preventing them from attaching to your hull they simply go elsewhere.
|Concerns about sonic emissions from Untrasonic Systems
- Boat owners advised via user manuals to deactivate the system or push the sleep mode button when people are swimming nearby,or you are trying to sleep.
- Ultrasonic energy is emitted into the boat and penetrates into the marine environment when ultrasonic systems are in use
- Marine micro-organisms are destroyed at the cellular level
|Very simple DIY installation
- Custom wiring loom made up to your boat or Marinas specifications as standard
- No extra wiring required: simple plug and play connections
- No modifications to your boat required
- Barnacalerid does not cause electrolysis or galvanic corrosion,independantly tested,this report is available on request.
|Complex transducer installation requirements
- Hull modifications
- Tedious & complicated mounting
- Silicone based gel layer required
- epoxy glue mixing to attach transducers
|Barnacle Rid power draw is minimal and predictable
- Saves your all-important batteries!
- Maximum 1.25 Amp for mono-hulls and catamarans on highest setting in barnacle season in the tropics
- System can operate with power consumption as low as 0.5 Amp,we have 7 climate settings.
- Absolute MAXIMUM power drain:
1.25A * 13.8V = 17.25W
- Also available in 240 volt using shorepower/inverter or any voltage world wide 110 volt etc.
|Power characteristics of ultrasonic systems vary
- Typical 2 * 40-50W Transducers: about 80-100W
- Some systems? declared power drain is stated in misleading ways ? surprising unsuspecting boat owners
- For Example: for a 2-Transducer ultrasonic system (2 * 50W = 100W) 7.25Amp is drawn at 13.8V
- If an ultrasonic system?s current draw is claimed to be 0.8Amp for a 2 * 50W system: the power output is MAXIMUM 0.8A * 13.8V = 11.05W
- Higher output power means higher current drain on your boat?s batteries
With our record after 8 years of 100% customer satisfaction, and the proven protective power of copper IONS ? which have been used for 100s of years to protect against barnacles ? we know that our system is the most proven and effective protection against the harmful effects of barnacles there is available today.