We believe the proven protective power of copper as harnessed and amplified with Barnacle Rid is a superior anti-foul solution to any other out there currently. In particular ? Anti-foul solutions that use ultrasonic emissions pose a number of risky complications to boat owners. These complications are simply eliminated when considering a Barnacle Rid solution. See the differences in the following analysis
|Barnacle Rid||Ultrasonic Systems|
|Works on all types of Hulls boats and marinas & any materials without expensive modification.Barnaclerid is also available in the permanent marina mounted system using shorepower,simply cruise in and out for imediate protection encompassing your entire marina pen|
- Boat systems simply lower the electrodes into the water when moored ? stow them when you set sail
|Do not work on hulls with core or balsa sandwich layers without serious structual modifications best done in dry dock for safety reasons.|
- Dangerous hull modifications must be done to attach ultrasonic transducers to hull in majority of boats.
|Completely safe for humans and marine life|
- Can swim / fish / dangle feet in water right next to or under the boat when Barnacle Rid is activated
- Our product is green and compliant
- Protective field is contained to the boat hull and running gear ? no emissions go into the boat or water
- Marine micro-organisms are not harmed ? the protective field creates an atmosphere undesirable to barnacles etc preventing them from attaching to your hull they simply go elsewhere.
|Concerns about sonic emissions from Untrasonic Systems|
- Boat owners advised via user manuals to deactivate the system or push the sleep mode button when people are swimming nearby,or you are trying to sleep.
- Ultrasonic energy is emitted into the boat and penetrates into the marine environment when ultrasonic systems are in use
- Marine micro-organisms are destroyed at the cellular level
|Very simple DIY installation|
- Custom wiring loom made up to your boat or Marinas specifications as standard
- No extra wiring required: simple plug and play connections
- No modifications to your boat required
- Barnacalerid does not cause electrolysis or galvanic corrosion,independantly tested,this report is available on request.
|Complex transducer installation requirements|
- Hull modifications
- Tedious & complicated mounting
- Silicone based gel layer required
- epoxy glue mixing to attach transducers
|Barnacle Rid power draw is minimal and predictable|
- Saves your all-important batteries!
- Maximum 1.25 Amp for mono-hulls and catamarans on highest setting in barnacle season in the tropics
- System can operate with power consumption as low as 0.5 Amp,we have 7 climate settings.
- Absolute MAXIMUM power drain:
1.25A * 13.8V = 17.25W
- Also available in 240 volt using shorepower/inverter or any voltage world wide 110 volt etc.
|Power characteristics of ultrasonic systems vary|
- Typical 2 * 40-50W Transducers: about 80-100W
- Some systems? declared power drain is stated in misleading ways ? surprising unsuspecting boat owners
- For Example: for a 2-Transducer ultrasonic system (2 * 50W = 100W) 7.25Amp is drawn at 13.8V
- If an ultrasonic system?s current draw is claimed to be 0.8Amp for a 2 * 50W system: the power output is MAXIMUM 0.8A * 13.8V = 11.05W
- Higher output power means higher current drain on your boat?s batteries
With our record after 9 years of 100% customer satisfaction, and the proven protective power of copper IONS which have been used for 100s of years to protect against barnacles, we know that our system is the most proven and effective protection against the harmful effects of barnacles there is available today.